Introduction to " F O C U S "
Rangamaati handicrafts Pvt. Ltd. is formed primarily to conserve and preserve our rich socio-cultural heritage by promoting a large domain of rural handicrafts and artisans through e-commerce. At the same time the conservation and preservation continues through eco tourism and photography.
“FOCUS” is the photographic division of rangamaati where we conduct Conservation Photography Expeditions with young talented as well as skilled photographers who are guided by our mentors to wild as well as scnenic locales. In these photographic tours you can discover the unexplored aspects of a place that will add value to its culture and heritage. We are here to offer you a combination of photography training and a chance to take better photographs while guiding you through various places.
Our photo expeditions are unlike any tour or workshop in the world. Unlike photographic tours and workshops where the images go solely to photographers’ private collections for private and commercial use, our participants’ works are used in science and art. You can polish your photographic skills and contribute to a greater goal. Participants will visit breathtaking places, stay in comfort, and receive on-the-ground training to apply photography towards conservation.
A Camera can:
- make a difference
- make you an artist
- transform your life
A Camera does nothing unless You Do Your Part .
Do you know what to do with a camera?
Here’s what makes us different: Once we finish the expedition, we are not done. Each participant will provide some of their best shots towards conservation projects, which may include:
1) a photographic record of the biodiversity of the area,
2) an online exposé featuring your most beautiful images,
3) Writeup on our study area and its inhabitants. You will be credited to each endeavor–it’s not only a great way to give something back, but it’s a great way to get your name out there as a professional.
And here’s how it works. At the end of the expedition, all you have to do is provide us with 10 of your favorite photos that you might like to see displayed . That’s it, you have done your part, and the rest is left to us.
- Level of Photography Experience: Intermediate to Professional
- Level of Physical Difficulty: Mild to Difficult, depending on expedition and specific activities chosen.
- Level of Comfort in Accommodations: Medium
- Quality of Food: As recommended Best during Expedition
Transportation: Chartered Jeep.
The workshops are conducted roughly once every 3 months depending on weather and availability of ammenities.[/cq_vc_animationfw]